Saturday, April 19, 2008

Help For Husbands


This was a sermon I heard on sermonaudio here. It was by Gordon Dane of the Free Presbyterian Church.

I enjoyed hearing him discuss the role of the husband as it doesn't get mentioned as much as the wife's role.


"If we emphasize on what the Bible says about the wives we get a wrong impression.If we say that the wife is to submit and don't get the husbands part,we can get a wrong impression of what the Bible advocates.When we see the fullness of what the scripture says,than we see the real wisdom of God."


"You sacrifice for her.You give up things for her.Give her things she needs.Put her before you.That's the love that the Bible speaks about.That's exercising your headship properly."


Those quotes really spoke to me.It showed me the great responsibility and honour the role of a husband is.You can listen to the sermon or download it on MP3 format.

3 comments:

Ana said...

Thank you for sharing the quotes with us!

Stephanie said...

Hi Robert,
Thanks very much for stopping by my blog with the link. I will definitely check that out.
God bless!

Anna said...

Wow! It's nice to see that there's one Christian man with a blog who focuses on HIS responsibility rather than telling the world what women should do.

I have found (from the example of my own dear husband), that the best way to encourage your partner to be what they should be is by doing the right thing yourself.