Friday, June 13, 2008

To Be A Lady


I found this at the site http://ladyheather76.blogspot.com/


"I am a lady, therefore I will not......



Disrespect my family. (Mom and Dad know best!)...


Sacrifice girl time. (They're pretty rockin'!)...


Initiate dates. (I want to be pursued!)...


Dress immodestly. (Modest is the hottest!)...


Open my own doors. (I'm not lazy, it's just that chivalry is not dead!)...


Make the first move. (I really stink at chess...)...


Have a potty-mouth. (Toilets belong in stalls...)...


Tempt my brothers in Christ. (He's someone's future husband.)...


Deny the power of prayer. (Amen.)...


Violate my purity. (True love waits.)...


Have the manners of a cavewoman. (I was not born in a barn.)...


Dance in a way that does not honor God. (Grinding is done in woodshop class, not on the dance floor.)...


Abuse my body with alcohol and other drugs. (My body is a temple of God!)...


Obsess about my physical appearance. (I am fearfully and wonderfully made.)...


Be discontent in my current situation. (God knows how to give good gifts--there's none like the present!)(A great guy is worth waiting for.)...


Underestimate the power of God. (He's bigger than my mistakes!)...


Date someone who doesn't respect me. (I am a Lady!!!)...


Disrespect the gentlemen in my life. (They deserve respect, too!)...


Defraud myself by putting myself in situations where I'm tempted to act un-ladylike. (don't flirt with fire) (Not how close CAN I get to the line... but how FAR can I get from the temptation!)"

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was pretty neat, I enjoyed reading that:) God Bless
Jennifer

Heather said...

I loved reading that again! :D

To answer your question on my Summber Ball blog: No, it wasn't put on by the Oregon Regency. This is the ECD group called "Set To Music", who puts on the balls. Laura, the one who started the group, does help the ORS with some of their balls too.

Heather said...

Robert? Where do you get your pics you put on your blog? They are really pretty!

Heather said...

You've never heard of S'mores?! Well, you break the graham crackers in half, then put a small bit of chocolate on one of the crackers, then toast a marshmellow over a fire or your stove (which is what I do), then when your marshmellow is slightly brown, put it on top of the chocolate and smoosh it with the other graham cracker half! Very yummy!

No, I haven't heard of that book! I'll half to look it up!

åslaug abigail said...

Oh, If only someone would open those doors.

Ladylike or not, if I don't open my doors I'm likely to bruise my face quite heavily...

=)

åslaug

Gabriela said...

"Dress immodestly. (Modest is the hottest!)..."

Nice post. Very humurous and true but I don't agree with this one. I mean, I think modesty does not seek attention. Isn't that what modesty is for?