Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Books Read In 2008

1) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

2) An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott

3) The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott

4) Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke

5) Love's Enduring Promise by Janette Oke

6) Mother by Kathleen Norris

7) Sarah,Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan

8) Skylark by Patricia MacLachlan

9) Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

10) Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

11) Persuasion by Jane Austen

12) Christian Modesty and the Public Undressing of America by Jeff Pollard

13) Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder

14) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

15) Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Eliot

16) The Mark of A Man by Elisabeth Eliot

17)The Axioms of Separation by John E. Ashbrook (booklet)

18) The Bible ( listened to it on cd)

After reading other bloggers reading lists,I figured I should start reading some of the books I own.I have not read many books in a while.After reading the novels I have realized how much you miss by only watching the film version.later on I will share my thoughts on some of the books.

3 comments:

N said...

After reading the novels I have realized how much you miss by only watching the film version

Oh yes! Most of the time the book is better than the movie anyway, but even if the movie is great I always recommend reading the book first. :) That way you get to see how the author portrays the characters before getting them fixed in your head as played by the actors and actresses.

Laura H. said...

I agree with Natalie!Books generally turn out to be twice as fulfilling in their endings, more then movies, I can tell you that.

I have a prayer request! I will be moving out this Spring, not by my choice, but because my family wants me to. I am supposed to get a job, and an appartment. I have never done this before, so this is going to be new and hard for me. I covet your prayers please, especially since this is something I would rather not do! I guess you have to do what you don't want to do, for the betterment of your life. Thankfully, I will be staying with my married sister and husband, for my living quarters, so it won't be like I am living by myself.

Thankyou for your prayers!

Laura Hines

Anonymous said...

Great list. I read some of them and need to read the rest! I just finished the Scarlet Pimpernel, which was excellent - if you haven't read it I think you'd like it. After reading it - yes books are usually better than the movie. Too much artistic license is taken!

Thanks for stopping and adding your thoughts on the survey. I will have those questions sent out to you asap.

Shalom,
Miss Jocelyn
http://aponderingheart.com
http://feelinfeminine.com