Friday, February 1, 2008

Let's Take An Old-Fashioned Walk



Let's take an old-fashioned walk,
I'm just burstin' with talk.
What a tale could be told, if we went for
An old-fashioned walk!

Let's take a stroll thru the park,
Down a lane where it's dark,
And a heart that's controlled, may relax on
An old-fashioned walk!

I know, for a couple who seem to be miles apart,
There's nothin' like walkin' and having a heart to heart.
I know a girl who declined, couldn't make up her mind,
She was wrapped up an' sold, comin' home from
An old-fashioned walk!

Some couples go for a buggy ride,
When they start caring a lot!
Others will bicycle side by side,
Out to some romantic spot!
Some take a ride on a bus,
But that would not do for us . . .

Let's take an old-fashioned walk,
I'm just burstin' with talk.
What a tale could be told, if we went for
An old-fashioned walk!

Let's take a stroll thru the park,
Down a lane where it's dark . . .
And a heart that's controlled, may relax on
An old-fashioned walk!






This song was written by Irving Berlin in 1949.The song title made me think of a Jane Austen movie.Courting couples going for long walks in the countryside getting to know each other.The lady holding the gentleman's arm.Long dresses and bonnets.I guess I have a romantic nature.

5 comments:

Ana said...

How fun!! It does make one think of Jane Austen; cozy, romantic and such!

The last picture, I noticed, is from the 1995 version of Persuasion. Did you see it or just find the picture some where? If you saw it, what did you think?

åslaug abigail said...

I agree. Let's definitly go for an old fashioned walk =) I'd come anytime..

Nice post. I visited because I liked your comment on Lisa's blog (lady longbourn), that commitment is for an other person. I think I might come to agree on that too (even if my purpose in life is not, to agree in whatever I read)
Have a blessed day.

åslaug

Ana said...

Hey Robert~
Just wanted to let you know I tagged you on my site, check it out!

Miriam N. said...

The pictures go well with the words.
I've seen the BBC Pride & Prejudice, but I haven't seen the Persuasion pictured. I'd also like to know if it's good or not.

Robert said...

Miriam~

I have that Persuasion(1995) and it's a good movie.I like the Anne in this version and I don't mind the lead actor though other's don't like him.The supporting characters were also better cast in this version.For the key scene where Anne and Harvile discuss who love's the longest this version keeps it like the novel whereas the new one changed the location and thus the meaning of it.It is worth watching.

Have you seen the BBC version of Emma with Kate Beckinsale?